Monday, June 29, 2009

Giving in to chick flick pressure...

Dear Readers,

So I saw the movie "The Proposal" on Friday night with a date and I would like to say a couple of things about chick flicks...

THEY SCREW UP WITH YOUR HEAD!!!
and... THEY RECYCLE OLD STORY LINES.

Regardless however, this movie, as much as I really not want to say it, was actually pretty good. Yipes! I like the story line albeit borrowed or similar to the movie "How to lose a guy in 10 days" - yes, I saw that one too. It is pretty funny, I love the location they chose, and I think the supporting cast did a really good job. I was surprised when I saw Oscar from the Office in the movie and shockingly, he had a homosexual role too. I wonder if he really is?

Well, it was fun all-in-all. I wouldn't say I finally accepted the fact that chick flicks are a must-see now together with my usual sci-fi fetish. I'm still not sold and probably will never be as long as there's always a hint of sexuality and the theme or plot has been used countless of times. Please don't beat an already dead horse. Be original. I wonder what is out there though that can be made into a movie? Is Hollywood running out of ideas? Maybe so.

I don't have anything against this movie. Watch it if you want. I would love to hear your opinion about it. Have a nice and pleasant day.

Stay Rossome,

1 comment:

  1. Oscar's not gay. I think he has a wife and kids. Also, have you fallen off the face of the earth?

    ReplyDelete