Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Autobots... Roll Out!!!

Ok... So I saw Transformers last night on IMAX in Navy Pier and it did not disappoint. I came in with very high expectations and I came home still musing about the awesomeness of the movie. From start to finish, I was at the edge of my seat and almost salivating to the images of the transformers, and how they transform, right before my eyes. It was so worth my time.

This Decepticon (the bad guys) pictured above - Devastator, has been a childhood favorite of mine. He doesn't look like the cartoon version which looked like this (one on the right, purple) -
but it's good enough. The way he transformed in the movie was ridiculously cool. And in that same notion, everyone transformed so well that you can almost feel that you're right there in front of them as they turned from vehicle to their robot form. The fight scenes were spectacular, hardly any cheesy lines during the fight so it's a full on "blood" bath. The supporting casts were good. And I think the movie plot was amazing.

There were moments in the film that I felt shouldn't be included. I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it but it's pretty obvious.

Alright, there is definitely a sequel and I hope this time my favorite Autobot (the good guys), the Dinobots - which are Dino robots, be included. I wish that Michael Bay (the director) had created them to fight the Constructicons because I think that would be pretty cool. I also wish that the Constructicons had more lines in the movie and a little more fight scene. But I guess I can't always get what I want.

This is by far the best movie I've seen this year. Without even thinking, this film is clearly a 10/10. There is a higher frequency of fight scenes and it is quite intense. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Let's see if Harry can top this! :)

Stay Rossome,

1 comment:

  1. Good pictures on the blog. And yes, it was a pretty awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete